Thursday, November 01, 2007

My Faint Lady

There I was, working my 2nd day at my new job.

Oh, yeah, I got a new job, as a bartender at the VFW.

So there I was. Still in training, still learning, still loving the people. Suddenly, I got really shaky, while making a vodka cranberry. Okay, bar's nearly empty, I'll just get this guy his drink, and sit down for a few minutes. Of course, he paid with a twenty, so I had to make all kinds of change. Then, he wanted to play the dice, so I had to get that for him, and put the money in the pot. This is the point where I start seeing flashing lights, and sweating profusely. I went to sit down, and found myself feeling like I was being crushed. Excused myself to the restroom, where I sat in the rediculously tiny stall for a good 5-10 minutes, with my head on my knees.

Where did this sudden faint spell come from? WHY did it have to happen in the middle of the day, in teh middle of my shift??

I was so embarrassed. Luckily, the woman I was training with was really cool, and she sent me home. Luckily still, I had made the very out-of-character decision that my husband should drive me to work today, so I didn't have to drive home.

I'm so mad at my body right now! I can't afford this fainting thing! So, now, I get to go pick up the kids from school tomorrow, and head right back to work, to get back into training. Then I work again on Saturday. And the thing that is really bothering me is that I have fallen behind on a couple swaps because of all this! I'm going to try to get them out today, but I feel that they will still end up going out tomorrow, making them 2 whole days late =[ I'm jsut afraid to drive right now. Oh, and I feel like CRAP.

As I was leaving work, the lady I was working with said, "Go home, get some rest, and get yourself a pregnancy test."

O_o

No comments: