Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend in Review

Saturday:
We went to see The Spiderwick Chronicles. It was good, but it could have been much better. The whole damn movie was about an evil ogre trying to steal The Spiderwick Chronicles, which was the life work of Arthur Spiderwick, who had discovered The Secrets of the un-seen fantasy world: fairies, goblins, HOG-goblins, etc...It was full of action, and my 5yr old daughter spent the majority of the movie cowering in my lap, begging me to cover her eyes, while she plugged her ears X] She claims to have liked the movie, though *shrug* My 7yr old son LOVED it. I only wish they had spent a little time talking about The Secrets, or the contents of The Spiderwick Chronicles. The movie is based on a series of books; I will definitely be buying them now.

Sunday:
We went to Alameda (that's an island off San Francisco, for you non-Californians) to visit my father-in-law, and his new baby. We went to a farmer's market, and feasted on whole-wheat banana muffins with fresh honey, fresh strawberries as big as a baseball, and the sweetest mandarin oranges I have ever tasted. Good times.

I made some fabulous pasta for dinner. Srsly, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of sliced mushrooms, and a can of green chilies, with a half pound of ground beef, some celery, onions, and zucchini, over spirally noodles ^_^ Try it, it's fantastic!

Sunday night:
We decided to check out a bar down the street that we've never been to. We learned how to play shuffle board, and played all night long (I won every game, ftr). An improbably attractive couple from San Fran came in, and we [kinda] taught them how to play, and we played boys against girls for a while. The boys lost. They lost hard X] Anyway, we totally hit it off with this couple, and ended up taking them home (to their hotel, not to our home). We traded contact info, and invited them for bloody marys, and some air hockey at the Boardwalk, but after a couple one-eyed-focusing text messages later, I think they are too hungover to want to do anything [with us] today. No0bs ;) I prefer the hungover excuse to "D0od, we're sober now, we don't wanna hang out with you." lol

This morning, I found my clothes from last night spread flat on the kitchen floor, completely covered in salt. My nice white sofa is a lovely shade of pink. And there were several Google searches for bus schedules on my desktop. My husband has filled in some blanks: he was making me Cosmos (lemon vodka martini with some cranberry juice), and I was having issues keeping my martini glass steady. He used salt to clean the cranberry juice from my sweater & jeans. We got into a fight because I mentioned suicide at the thought of not being able to have children any longer (I am not suicidal, I was drunk, damnit). I attempted to leave the house, to go somewhere, and he hid my keys in the microwave, hence the Google searches.

At least he was kind enough to offer to pay for my bus ticket.

For the record, I do not drink like that very often [anymore]. We have the kids for all of the next week, and very hectic work schedules, so this was kind of a last hurrah for us. After the drama last night, and this everlasting headache, I have determined that drinking excessively is not as cool as it used to be ;)

No comments: