Monday, February 18, 2008

Scratch, hold the chicken

I've spent the majority of the day in my pjs, cuddled up with my honey, watching movies. It has been fantastic. However, I'm on this cooking kick: 30 new recipes in 30 days. I really love to cook, doncha know. I realized that I was rut-bound, though, and I have been gloriously inspired by Smitten Kitchen. Last night, I made a yummy pasta dish, and we polished off the leftovers this afternoon (actually eating leftovers is a rarity in this house).

I had intended to make Shrimp Tetrazzini tonight. After last night's mania, however, I just didn't have it in me. So, I jumped on this lovely chocolate pudding recipe, from Smitten Kitchen.

This recipe is so quick, and easy! 20 minutes to smooth, creamy, chocolatey yum ^_^

Not that I'm considering buying a double boiler anytime soon, but this bowl-on-pot contraption was a pain in the ass. The steam from below the bowl causes an air-hockey effect, making the bowl tip and slide around anytime I touch it. It wasn't too bad, though, and I will definitely make this again.

I'm going to futz round with it, and see if I can't come up with a good diabetes-friendly version, as this doesn't have an obscene amount of sugar in it to begin with. I'd also like to try to incorporate peanut butter, or maybe marshmallows. Like I said, I love to cook, but I've led a very sheltered cooking life, so I'm not exactly sure what I am doing most of the time ;)

No comments: